Privacy Notice Philips Open Pathology Portal
Last updated: June 5, 2019
Philips Electronics Nederland B.V., Veenpluis 6, 5684 PC Best, the Netherlands (“Philips”), wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. This Privacy Notice describes our practices in connection with information that we collect through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice. This privacy notice describes the processing for data included on the Open Pathology Portal (“Portal”).
What Personal Data are collected; why are these Personal Data collected; with whom are Personal Data shared; how long will the Personal Data be kept?
When you access the Portal, Philips will obtain certain personal information about you. It will be data that you or others, authorized or enabled by you, enter into the Portal and which you provide us to create and to maintain your account.
If you disclose any Personal Data about other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Portal, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
|Account information: Email, First Name, Last Name, Title, Confirmation to T&C||Providing functionality of the initiative||Philips||Until deletion of account|
|Optional information: Institution / Affiliation, Reason for interest||Analytics and development of the service||Philips||Until deletion of account|
We need to collect Personal Data in order to allow you to provide you with access to the Portal. If you do not provide the information that we request, you may not be able to access the Portal.
What is the purpose of the collection of Personal Data?
We and our service providers use Personal Data for our legitimate business purposes including:
Providing the functionality of the Initiative and fulfilling your requests.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- To provide the Initiative’s functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request a quote for or other information about the Initiative.
- To complete your transactions, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies or information related to the service.
- Create and manage your Portal account for authentication and security purposes
Accomplishing our business purposes.
We will engage in these activities for accomplishing our legitimate business purposes.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the Initiative;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of the Initiative is of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users;
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of the Initiative is of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests; and
- To conduct scientific research related to the Initiative.
- If we aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Data, it will no longer be considered Personal Data. We can do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
With whom are Personal Data shared?
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
Other uses and disclosures
We may also use and disclose your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence, to cooperate with law enforcement or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Portal links. The inclusion of a link on the Portal does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “How can you contact us?” section below.
What are your rights?
If you would like to:
- ask questions about how we handle Personal Data;
- request to review, correct, update, suppress or restrict the use of your Personal Data;
- request that your Personal Data be removed from our database;
- withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data, without affecting the lawfulness that use prior to this withdrawal;
- object to our use of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or for our legitimate business interests, or
- request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law),
You have the possibility to update your personal information directly on the Portal by accessing your profile page. It provides you with a user interface allowing to update all account information.
For account deletion or other requests, please contact us via the contact form. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Jurisdiction and cross-border transfer
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Portal you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Data.
If you are located in the EEA, your Personal Data may be transferred to our affiliates or service providers in non-EEA countries that are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as our Binding Corporate Rules for Customer, Supplier and Business Partner Data to protect your Personal Data. You may obtain a copy of these measures by following the link above or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice. The “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this Privacy Notice indicates when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Portal. Your use of the Portal following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Notice.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or about the way Philips uses your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer via the contact form or at:
Philips Center HBT 16
Attn.: Data Protection Officer
P.O. Box 77900, 1070 MX
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for
your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data
protection law occurs.
|DCP||Digital and Computational Pathology|
|EEA||European Economic Area|